Using @mentions in notes
The @mentions features allow you to ping another User or team in a note to direct their attention to a conversation without having to assign it to them. This article is all about how @mentions work.
In this article
How mentions work
When you type the @ symbol in a note, you'll see an inline dropdown with a list of Users and teams. As you continue to type, the list of names will continue to filter until you find the mention match you're looking for. You can select a User at any time, or hit the Tab key to auto-complete your selection.
When a User is @mentioned, they receive an email notification and an in-app notification. Mentions will only work within the note editor, and cannot be used when replying to customers. To mention a User or team:
- Open a conversation, then click on the Note icon in the menu toolbar to open the note editor.
- Once the yellow note editor appears, type the @ symbol and begin typing any of your Users' names. A dropdown menu will appear of the Users that match what you have typed. Hit the Tab key to auto-complete your selection.
- Select the User you'd like to mention in the note, and type in some text. Make sure there's a space between them mention name, and the text you're leaving.
- Hit Add Note, and the User will then be notified by email of the note you've just mentioned them in.
When you're mentioned in a conversation, you'll receive a notification email, as well as a visual notification in-app in the notification center.
- The User will receive an email notification to the email address that they use to log into Help Scout with. It will let them know they've been mentioned in a conversation.
- The User will then be able to reply to the notification, and it will be added as a note to the corresponding conversation in Help Scout.
Check the in-app notification center to keep tabs on all of your @mentions, as well as other conversation updates.