Google Analytics tells you what happened, KISSmetrics tells you who did it. It's a stellar product for tracking activity throughout a customer's lifecycle. In the case of Help Scout, customers start a conversation with your team. This App logs four different events from Help Scout to your KISSmetrics account:
- Customer starts a new conversation
- Help Scout user responds to the customer
- Customer replies to an existing conversation
- Help Scout user closes the conversation
Logging these events set the foundation for some really great reports in KISSmetrics. Not only will you have response time, but you can start to quantify things like cost, agent productivity and tie those metrics to specific properties that are unique to your own business.
Log in to KISSmetrics, then click your name in the top right corner and select Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the blue Manage API tokens button.
- On the next page, click on the blue Generate a new token button, and it will bring up a new page with your API key. Copy it to your clipboard.
Head over to Help Scout and install the KISSmetrics app. Drop in your API key and select which mailboxes you'd like to connect. Click on the blue Save button when you're finished!