Working with the iPhone app
Help Scout's iPhone app puts powerful help desk software in your pocket so you can easily support customers while on the go. Keep your finger (literally) on the pulse of what's going on with your customers, achieve escape velocity response times, and empower your team to collaborate remotely, all without sacrificing your customer experience.
In this article
Downloading the app
Help Scout for iPhone requires iOS 8.0 or later. You can download and install the app via the app store.
What you can do
The app is free to use with your Help Scout account! Here's what you can do:
- View any Help Scout Mailbox with a finger tap
- At-a-glance access to all conversations in your folders
- Reply to customers and add Cc/Bccs to keep everyone in the loop who needs to be
- Add notes to conversations and keep up team collaboration even in the remote-est location
- Delegate from afar by assigning conversations to team members
- Change status to quick close conversations or put them on hold for deeper investigation
- Powerful search puts your customer’s entire conversation history right in your hand
- Direct, in-app email contact to our support team just in case you run into any trouble
- Avoid eye contact with any disappointing dates and reply to your customers instead
Using the app
Entering a mailbox
To view a mailbox, tap the mailbox name from the dashboard screen. To get back to the dashboard, swipe to the right, or tap the Help Scout logo in the top left corner.
Searching for conversations
From the mobile dashboard, tap the search field to start searching. Results will show all conversations with the matching keyword.
Tap on the folder name at the top of the screen, then tap another folder to make the jump.
Moving through conversations
From any folder, swipe left or right to move to the next or previous conversation.
Sending a reply
To open the reply editor, tap the Replyarrow. Type your reply, add a Cc or Bcc if needed, then tap the blue Send button in the top right corner to send your reply.
Adding a note
To add a note to the conversation, tap on the Note icon, type your note, then tap the yellow Add note button. In our example below, we're adding a note and assigning the conversation at the same time.
Loading conversation updates
Swipe down in a folder view to load new conversations, or in a conversation to load new replies or notes.
We'd love to hear from you! If you think you've found a bug, or would just like to send comments or suggestions, tap the Contact Us link from the mobile dashboard to send an email.